Water Efficiency Certificate
Need help with your Water Efficiency Certificate? Contact Redshaw now!
Are you looking forward to renting out your property? As a landlord, you will want to pass on the full cost of water consumption to your tenant. To be able to do this, the easiest and the quickest way is to attain a Water Efficiency Certificate for the state of Queensland, from your plumber. Water Efficiency Certificates have been developed by the Master Plumbers Association of Queensland and it is the responsibility of the landlord to request a Water Efficiency Certificate to be issued for your rental property.
Water Efficiency Certificate
A Water Efficiency Certificate certifies that your rental property meets the water and energy usage requirements outlined by the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA). This certificate can only be provided by licensed and registered plumbers, just like our team at Redshaw Plumbing and Drainage.
In order to attain the Water Efficiency Certificate and ensure your property is water-efficient, your rental property must meet the conditions set by the Queensland Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Regulation 2009. It states that your property must be:
- Individually metered
- Toilets must be dual flush, having maximum flush volumes of 3.5 liters for half flush, and 6.5 liters for a full flush, with a maximum average flush volume of 4 liters (based on the average to 1 full flush to 4 half flushes).
- Showerheads and all internal cold water taps (excluding those serving a bath) must deliver a maximum flow rate of 9 liters per minute.
What is included in a Queensland water efficiency inspection?
Plumbing specialists at Redshaw, as a part of our Water Efficiency Certificate, will inspect your rental property and check it adheres to the conditions set by Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA), we will also check:
- Your water-using appliances have an efficiency rating of 3 stars and your property is free of leaks (including both internal and external taps) by performing the hydraulic test.
- Pools and spas have covers to reduce evaporation.
- Hot water unit valves are up to date to ensure no excess water is released due to a faulty valve.
If you fail to meet the requirements for your certificate, our registered plumbers at Redshaw can identify and explain why your property does not adhere to standards. You may attain a Water Efficiency Certificate for your property by:
- Upgrading taps and water outlets
- Installing flow-restricting aerators
- Installing flow restrictor fittings on all outlets
- Installing flow restrictors in the tap
Once you have attained a Water Efficiency certificate, you are not required to renew that certificate unless requested by your tenant if they feel that your property is no longer water-efficient.
Residential Plumbing Services
Rainwater storage options from large steel to slimline poly tanks and everything in between.
Get Water Efficiency Certificate from Redshaw Plumbing and Drainage
Do you want to find out if your property is currently meeting the RTA standards? Or if your property is not currently meeting the standards set by RTA, call the highly-efficient team of plumbers at Redshaw to perform a water efficiency test and attain your Water Efficiency Certificate today.
Book an Appointment Today
Contact Us For All Your Plumbing Needs.
Unique Fixed Pricing. No local callout fee. Free plumbing system inspection with any paid work. Call the plumbers, Queensland can rely on for fast and friendly service.
Benefits of using Redshaw
24/7 Call Out
We can be there when you need us the most in the times of emergency!
On time guarantee. Don’t wait for trades – Schedule time with Redshaw staff
Profession, Experienced, Fully Licensed, Fully Insured Staff
We work with you to fit your needs and budget to get the job done!